Application Form – ENTER NOW
Take part in the industry’s most distinguished award for young Chefs, Pastry Chefs and Waiters for the chance to win up to £2000 worth of prizes! Open to Chefs, Pastry Chefs and Waiters aged between 20 and 26.
Submit your entry along with the following:
- Your entry task for your section Kitchen, Pastry or Service
- Your CV
- A recent passport photograph of yourself
Contact: Daniel Moriss-Jeffery Annual Awards of Excellence Royal Academy of Culinary Arts 53 Cavendish Road London SW12 0BL Telephone: 020 8673 6300 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for entries is Monday 4th February 2019 N.B. Don’t forget that your name or the name of your workplace MUST NOT be indicated on your answers and KEEP A COPY of your entry for your own reference! If you would prefer to enter via a physical postal application you can download one here.
PASTRY & SERVICE CANDIDATES
- All PASTRY & SERVICE candidates please answer questions 1-3.
- Your name, or the name of your workplace MUST NOT be indicated anywhere on your answers as all entries are judged impartially.
- Based on your Entry Questions answers and your CV the Pastry or Service Judges Committee will assess your suitability for the competition.
- Answer the following questions in no more than 50 words each:
1. What inspired you to become a pastry chef/waiter?
2. What do you consider to be the TWO major achievements of your career to date?
3.Briefly describe TWO things that you hope to gain in the future if you achieve the AAE this year?
- Create a modern interpretation of four plated portions of French Trimmed Rack of Lamb.
- Include three seasonal garnishes; 2 vegetables, 1 starch, plus a sauce.
- Please submit the recipe including a method and costing for four portions.
- * Please note that should you be successful and reach the final in June, you will be required to prepare and serve your French Rack of Lamb to the judges.
- Based on your recipe method and costings the Kitchen Judges Committee will assess your suitability for the competition.